Sometimes, managing a Facebook page could be very time-consuming.
There’s a very specific timeframe to post on the site to make sure more people would be able to see what you’re posting. Constantly posting on your page also helps you connect with more people. So it’s important to plan your posts ahead.
However, if you feel like you don’t have enough time to follow through with this perfect plan, don’t give up!
Facebook allows you to schedule your posts to help you save your time and carry on with your plan.
If you’d like to know more, read on to learn how to schedule your Facebook posts.
P.S. Want to grow your brand on this social media platform? Check out our services for Facebook Comments to get real and active users to engage with your posts!
How to schedule your Facebook posts
You don’t have to worry about making it in time to publish a post during peak hours anymore by learning how to schedule a post. If you’re familiar with posting on your page, you might be wondering why there’s no option to schedule a post on your page.
Facebook has its own separate app for managing your page or scheduling a post. But if you’d prefer to do it without downloading anything, here’s how you can do it on your computer browser.
- Open Facebook on your browser and click Pages on your left menu.
- Scroll through and find the page you’d like to use.
- Once you opened your page, click Create a Post on the right side of your page.
- Don’t type anything yet! When you see the message “Post scheduling is available in Publishing Tools” above the Post option, simply click on Publishing Tools on the message.
- When you’re redirected to Publishing Tools, you’ll be able to see and click on the option Create a Post.
- Simply fill up the required fields. Enter your text or maybe include a picture or two.
- When you’re done entering and reviewing your post, click on the dropdown option or the upside-down triangle next to Publish.
- Clicking on the dropdown shows you the option Schedule Post. Click on it and choose the date you’d like your post to be published.
- After reviewing the schedule you’ve input, click Save then Schedule Post.
You also have the option to schedule a post and manage your page through Facebook’s dedicated mobile app for business pages. If you have Facebook’s Business Suite app on your phone, here’s how you can schedule a post through the mobile app.
- Open your mobile app and tap or Create in the section for Posts, to create a post.
- You have the option to also customize where you’d be able to post the message. This step is optional but if you have an Instagram account connected, you can select the post to be published on that account too.
- Compose what you’d like to publish then tap Next.
a)You can post text, add photos, videos, links, or other media.
b)If you’d like to publish a post on both your Facebook and Instagram accounts, make sure you have a media placement.
c)When you choose to post on your Instagram account too, you won’t be able to add Feeling/ Activity updates, or background colors because these are features available on Facebook only.
- When you’ve finished and reviewed your post, tap Schedule for later and enter the time and date you’d like to have your post published. Tapping on Publish now would mean publishing your post now and without delay.
When you’ve finished and reviewed your post, tap Schedule for later and enter the time and date you’d like to have your post published. Tapping on Publish now would mean publishing your post now and without delay.
If you’re not yet sure if your post is perfect, you can simply tap on Save as Draft so you could go back and edit your post. For more information on what to post, you can check on this article on the formula to post on Facebook.
How to edit or reschedule a scheduled Facebook post
If you’d like to edit or reschedule your post in case your plans changed, you also have the option to do this on your computer browser. Here are the steps on how to edit your scheduled Facebook post.
- Follow the previous steps to open Publishing Tools on your browser.
- Click on Scheduled Posts on the left menu, under your Posts section.
- To edit the post, click on the three dots under the Actions option and click Edit Post.
- Make the changes on your post and click Save.
- To reschedule the post, click on the Actions option and click Reschedule.
- Enter the new date and time you’d like to publish your post and click Reschedule.
Related Post: How To Use Facebook Hashtags
Here are some frequently asked questions about scheduling a post on Facebook
Is there a limit to scheduled posts on Facebook?
There’s currently no limit on how many posts you can schedule but Facebook has a limit on how far you can schedule your post. If you check the option to schedule a post and try to input a date for the next year, you won’t be able to. Facebook only allows schedules up to 2 months in advance.
Can you schedule Facebook posts on a personal page?
If you used to manage pages years before, you might be wondering why you can’t see an option to schedule your posts through your personal page or directly through your page. Facebook recently updated its site and you can only schedule a post through its publishing tools or Facebook Business Suite mobile app.
Can you stop scheduled posts on Facebook?
You have the option to stop a scheduled Facebook post from publishing. You can do this by opening your Publishing Tools then open your Scheduled posts under the Posts section. To delete the post entirely, click on your scheduled post. Open the Actions option and click Delete Post.
Although there are a lot of steps in scheduling a post on Facebook after its update, going through the steps would really be beneficial if you’d like to manage your time more effectively when handling your Facebook page. Now that you know how to schedule a post, you can avoid running to your computer or phone if you’d like to publish a post during Facebook’s peak hours.
You can also avoid blocking off multiple days and hours on your calendar just to publish 1 post. By following these steps, you can now lessen the hours you’re working on your page without sacrificing a few followers and risking your page to go inactive.
- How To Make Facebook Reels That Attract an Audience - June 7, 2023
- What Are Push Notifications on Facebook? - June 7, 2023
- How to Know if Someone Blocked You on Facebook - June 7, 2023