How to change your name on Facebook using iPhone
If you’re like me who uses their iPhone as their primary device to access social media, you might be wondering how to change your name on Facebook using your iPhone. To do this, you don’t need to be a tech-savvy person, you just need to follow a few steps.
- Firstly, open the Facebook app and navigate to the hamburger icon at the bottom right of your screen.
- Next, tap on Settings & Privacy → Settings → Personal Information and then on Name.
- From here, you can enter your new name and review the change.
- Once you’re satisfied, double-check the name and choose how it should appear.
- After confirming, enter your password and tap “Save Changes“.
It’s that simple.
P.S. Are you in the market for top-notch Facebook accounts? Here at SocialAppsHQ, we offer premium aged Facebook accounts that are of the highest quality.
Open the Facebook app
To begin changing your name on Facebook, access the platform through its mobile app on your iPhone device. Follow these four simple steps to open the Facebook app:
- Locate and tap on the Facebook icon on your iPhone’s Home screen.
- Once the app opens up, look for a small white arrow icon pointing left that appears at the bottom right corner of your screen’s display, and tap on it.
- In doing so, a menu will slide in from the side of your screen showing different options; select “Settings & Privacy” from this menu.
- Next, from Settings & Privacy Menu, click on “Settings” and the app’s page would open up
It is important to note that opening the Facebook app is just one step towards changing your name on Facebook as outlined in other following steps.
Additionally, exclusive details like how to navigate to changing other names on Facebook would be helpful while keeping errors such as name mismatch or prohibited items in mind. A true story could be encountering issues due to an unsupported character when attempting to change a name.
Find the burger on Facebook and change your name, with no greasy fingers involved.
Tap the hamburger icon at the bottom right
To access the menu, tap the hamburger icon located at the bottom right corner of your screen. It is made up of three horizontal lines stacked on top of each other. Using this icon, you can easily navigate through different sections of Facebook.
Here’s a simple 5-step guide on how to use this icon:
- Open the Facebook app on your iPhone or iPad
- Look for the hamburger icon situated at the bottom right-hand corner of your screen.
- Tap it and you’ll be presented with a list of options
- Select Settings & Privacy then go to Settings
- You can now adjust your settings as per your preference.
It is crucial to note that this icon appears in various sections of Facebook, and its function differs depending on where it is used.
Lastly, if you are having difficulty locating certain features or functions while using Facebook on your mobile device, try tapping the hamburger icon and browsing through its options. You’ll surely find what you’re looking for.
Privacy is overrated, but updating your personal information on Facebook is essential. Tap away!
Tap Settings & Privacy → Settings → Personal Information
Accessing the section ‘tap settings & privacy → settings → personal information’ in Facebook enables users to change their name. This feature is essential for those who have undergone legal processes such as changing their surnames due to marriage, divorce or other factors.
- Open the Facebook app
- Tap the hamburger icon located at the bottom right corner of your screen.
- Select ‘Settings & Privacy’ > ‘Settings’.
- Locate and tap on ‘Personal Information’.
- Click on ‘Name’ and type in your new name.
- Double-check your new name and choose how you want it to appear.
- Enter your password before clicking on ‘Save Changes’.
It’s significant to provide real names when changing names on Facebook, as this ensures safety, security and prevents any breach of verification standards set by Facebook.
Adding a nickname or alternate name instead of changing one’s primary name is an available alternative for users who do not want to change their primary name but wish to display other nuances of their identity.
Fun Fact: Did you know that according to data from January 2021, there are approximately 2.8 billion monthly active Facebook users worldwide?
Change your name on Facebook like a spy changing their identity with just a tap of the Name button.
To change your name on Facebook using your iPhone, you need to:
- Navigate to the ‘Personal Information’ tab in the ‘Settings & Privacy’ menu.
- Tap on the option labeled with a Semantic NLP variation of‘tap name.’
- Enter your preferred new name and review the changes made. At this step, you can also choose how your name should appear on your profile.
- Finally, after confirming that everything is correct, save all changes by entering your password.
When changing your Facebook name on a computer device, you can do it by:
- Logging into Facebook and clicking on the small dropdown arrow located at the top right side of your profile page.
- Selecting‘Settings & Privacy’ → ‘Settings’ and then clicking on ‘Edit’ next to the section labeled with a Semantic NLP variation of ‘tap name.’
- Once you have re-entered your new desired name and confirmed it, set how the name should appear before saving all changes using your password.
It’s essential that while choosing any new Facebook names, you must always adhere to their policies for both verification purposes and personal safety reasons. Moreover, prohibited items aren’t allowed in any names provided during any processes due to security measures implemented by Facebook. It’s important not to ignore confirming or updating names as mismatching current names would cause failures when undergoing any related procedures.
In case someone doesn’t want or cannot change their primary Facebook name fully but would still prefer some alternatives other than completing deletion of their profile details or maintaining an irrelevant piece of information as it is, either adding nickname or varied alternate names available for different accounts are possible.
Don’t miss out on making all necessary modifications to ensure full safety and validity containing significant changes like locking Facebook profiles on iPhone devices or downloading Facebook videos available on iPad and MAC systems finally hiding comments or likes on FB posts. Revamp your online identity with just a few taps, thanks to Facebook’s simple name change process.
Enter the new name and tap Review Change
To change your name on Facebook, input the new name and select ‘Review Change’ to proceed to the next step.
Here is a 3-Step guide on how to enter the new name and tap review change:
- Choose ‘Settings & Privacy’ after tapping the hamburger icon at the bottom right.
- Select ‘Personal Information’ followed by ‘Name’, then type in your new name and tap ‘Review Change’.
- After confirming your new name, choose how it should appear and then click on ‘Save Changes’ after entering your password.
It’s essential to remember that Facebook requires using real names for safety and verification. Any prohibited items in names will be rejected, and if you’ve failed to confirm your name successfully in the past, this might result in a failed change process due to mismatch with proof.
One true fact is that Facebook won’t allow multiple personal accounts but permits multiple pages.
If only choosing a life partner was as easy as choosing how your name should appear on Facebook.
Double-check the name and choose how it should appear
After entering the new name, it is important to review and choose how it will appear on Facebook. Take a moment to double-check all the details before proceeding to save changes. This step also allows users to select how they want their name displayed on the platform. It is crucial for users to ensure that their chosen display name aligns with Facebook’s policies and guidelines.
Facebook has strict requirements when it comes to prohibited items in names, which may cause a failure of the name change process. Therefore, reviewing and choosing how the name appears may take some time but can help avoid issues later on. It is important not to rush through this critical phase of the process.
It is worth noting that Facebook has specific rules about confirming users’ real names for safety and verification purposes. Failure to confirm your legal name could lead to account suspension or termination. Therefore, double-checking and choosing how your new name should appear on Facebook helps prevent such implications.
In one instance, Jane wanted her maiden name added but faced confusion with her middle initial. She double-checked her requested change before making revisions and ultimately succeeded in making the edit without any issues. Double-checking before submitting your new Facebook name indeed goes a long way towards having your desired changes go smoothly.
Saving your new name on Facebook is easier than remembering your strong password.
Enter your password and tap Save Changes
To save the changes made to the new name on your Facebook account, you’ll need to enter your password and confirm the update. This is a crucial step in the process as it confirms that it’s you who’s making the name change.
Here’s how to enter your password and tap Save Changes:
- Enter your Facebook password
- Click “Save Changes” button after entering the password
- Wait for a few seconds while Facebook confirms the name change with you
- You will see a notification message on your screen confirming that your name was successfully changed.
It’s important to remember that using real names is significant for safety reasons on Facebook, so make sure you’re changing it to something which is allowed, and without any prohibited items.
It’s worth noting that if you don’t confirm the name in the past, you may not be able to perform this action. Facebook may fail in changing your name due to a mismatch with proof of identity or other issues associated with confirming ownership of accounts.
Lena changed her surname after getting married, but she didn’t know how to change it on her Facebook account at first. She went through some online articles and found out that all she needed was her password. She followed these simple steps mentioned above by entering her password and tapping “Save Changes,” and voila! Her new surname was updated successfully!
Changing your name on Facebook using a computer is like a digital makeover, but without the drama and tears.
How to change your name on Facebook using computer
As someone who has recently gotten married and changed my name, I was surprised by how confusing it was to update my Facebook name. After some research, I figured out the correct steps to change my name on Facebook using my computer, so I thought I’d share my tips with you.
- First, you’ll need to go to Facebook.com and log in.
- Then, look for the small dropdown arrow on the top right corner of the page.
- From there, select Settings & Privacy → Settings.
- Next, find the Name section under the General tab, click Edit, and enter your new name.
But wait, there’s more!
Go to Facebook.com and log in
To access your Facebook account on a computer, you need to sign in to facebook.com. Here’s how:
- Open any web browser
- Type www.facebook.com in the address bar and press Enter/Return
- Enter your email address or phone number and password in the given fields
- Click on Log In
- You’ll be redirected to your Facebook homepage if credentials are accurate.
Facebook may prompt you for two-factor authentication or captcha verification when logging in from an unrecognized device.
You can also use Facebook’s mobile application for convenient log-in with saved passwords and fingerprint authentication.
Unique details regarding logging into Facebook include using trusted devices for better privacy, checking login alerts for suspicious activity, and choosing “Remember Me” only on personal computers.
Fact: As of 2021, Facebook has over 2.9 billion active users worldwide. (source: Statista)
Click the small dropdown arrow on the top right
To access the settings menu on Facebook.com, locate and select a small icon resembling a downward arrow situated in the top right corner of the website. This icon leads to a dropdown menu containing several options that include Settings & Privacy and help manage personal information. After clicking this small dropdown arrow on the top right, select “Settings & Privacy” and click on “Settings” from the subsequent options to update your name.
To change your name, click “Edit” next to name under the General tab. Enter your new name in the given text box and then click on “Review Change.” After reviewing it, select how you want your name to appear from various options displayed. Enter your password for confirmation and click on the save changes button to update it.
Pro Tip: Make sure your new name does not breach Facebook’s prohibited items policy before submitting it for review.
Privacy is important, so make sure to select the right settings before changing your name on Facebook.
Select Settings & Privacy → Settings
Selecting ‘Settings & Privacy → Settings’ is an important step to change your Facebook name. This section provides detailed control over Facebook account settings and preferences.
Six Steps to Select Settings & Privacy → Settings:
- Open the Facebook app or go to Facebook.com
- Login and tap the hamburger icon at the bottom right or click on the small dropdown arrow on the top right
- Select ‘Settings & Privacy’, then select ‘Settings’
- Click ‘Edit’ which is located next to your name under the General tab
- Enter your new name after clicking edit, then click ‘Review Change’. To choose how you want it displayed choose the option from “How do you want to appear” section.
- Verify your account by typing in your password when prompted and finally hit “Save Changes”.
It’s important to note that choosing a fake or offensive name is prohibited on Facebook. Finally, if you have changed your name multiple times, or had trouble verifying it in previous iterations, it may not be altered marginally due to discrepancies with supporting documentation.
In one case, a friend struggled to edit their middle name as they didn’t know what was preventing their request. Through experimenting with inputs carefully every time trying each tweak diligently and re-entering details exactly so there were no discrepancies between passports and Facebook profiles. Finally, this task was solved through a precise approach that required taking exceptional care when interacting with technical systems that check for inconsistencies in inputs.
Don’t be afraid to give yourself a makeover – even on Facebook.
Click Edit next to Name under the General tab
To change your name on Facebook, go to the General tab and click on the “Edit” option next to “Name“. A new page will appear allowing you to enter your new name. You can also choose how it should appear and then provide your password to save your changes.
- Go to Facebook.com and log in.
- Click on the small dropdown arrow at the top right.
- Select Settings & Privacy → Settings.
- Click Edit next to Name under the General tab.
- Enter the new name and click Review Change.
- Choose how the name should appear and enter your password.
- Click Save Changes.
It is important to note that while changing your name on Facebook, certain prohibited items must be avoided in order for it to comply with their policies related to safety and verification, such as using fake names or symbols/numbers/punctuation marks as a substitute for letters. Additionally, failing to confirm your real name in past instances will hinder future attempts at changing it. If proof surrounding your name is required by Facebook but there is a mismatch between it and what was submitted prior or during the account creation process, the name change may be rejected.
An interesting piece of information not covered previously is Facebook provides an alternative to changing your primary name by giving you various options such as adding a nickname or alternate name which can be used instead.
Enter the new name and click Review Change
To modify your name on Facebook, you’ll need to enter the new name and click review change. This helps you adhere to the platform’s name change policy, which aims to promote safety and verification by allowing only genuine names. Any attempt to include prohibited items in names can result in the failure of the procedure due to a cover-up mismatch with evidence.
Here’s how you can shift your Facebook name by entering the new name and clicking review change follow these five simple steps:
- Head to Facebook.com and log in.
- Tap on the small drop-down button on the top right
- Select Settings & Privacy from the dropdown
- Click Edit next to Name below General
- Type an updated name and hit Review Change after double-checking it.
Additionally, if reviewing and changing your primary name isn’t feasible, consider modifying other names or adding a nickname/alternate name.
Make sure you verify each of your steps while changing your name on Facebook, especially when submitting documentation as proof. This will help confirm that everything is running smoothly and without interruption.
Time to put on your creative hat and decide how the world sees you on Facebook, with just a few clicks and a password.
Choose how the name should appear and enter your password
To customize the appearance of your name and update password information on Facebook, follow these simple steps:
- Once you have entered your new name, select the way your full employer name will be presented as required by the Choose how the name should appear and enter your password screen.
- After tapping “Save Changes”, a pop-up will prompt you to enter your password in order to verify the changes you made to your account.
- With these updates, you can assure that all of your friends and followers see a clear representation of who you are while keeping sensitive information secure.
You may also need to confirm through Facebook that it is really you. Doing this provides enhanced safety measures for online activities.
Click Save Changes
After entering the new name on Facebook, it is essential to save changes for updating the primary name. To update your new name on Facebook, you need to follow a few simple steps and click ‘Save Changes.’
To save changes after changing your name on Facebook, follow these 3 steps:
- Enter your password to confirm the change
- Double-check that the displayed name matches how you want it to appear
- Click ‘Save Changes’ for updating the primary name
It’s essential to double-check the spelling of your name before clicking ‘Save Changes’ to ensure that there are no typos or errors in the update. Once you click ‘Save Changes,’ Facebook will reflect your new name within a few days.
When making any changes to your personal information on Facebook, it’s critical to stick with their guidelines and requirements related to names’ usage. If you have previously changed your name multiple times without adhering to their policies, then changing it again might not be successful. In such cases, it’s best to reach out to Facebook support for further assistance.
As an alternative approach, instead of changing the primary name, users can opt for adding a nickname or alternate name on Facebook by following similar steps as mentioned above. This will help protect personal identity while still maintaining visibility on social media platforms like Facebook.
Facebook’s name change policy
In my quest to change my name on Facebook, I encountered a myriad of hurdles related to Facebook’s name change policy. It’s easy to overlook the importance of using real names for safety and verification purposes, but it’s critical to understand the implications of not confirming your name in the past.
To make matters worse, it turns out there are a host of prohibited items when it comes to Facebook names. Unfortunately, when it comes to changing your name on Facebook, it’s not always a straightforward process. Even the slightest name mismatch with your proof could result in a failed name change attempt.
Importance of using real names for safety and verification
Using real names accurately on Facebook is paramount for one’s own security and credibility. Facebook mandates that users utilize their actual names for identity verification, ensuring that all user accounts are unique and honest. The use of false or incomplete identities puts user safety at risk by impeding the scope of Facebook’s operating standards. The use of proper and genuine identities enhances a legitimate community on the platform, allowing people to engage in conversations without fear of being misled.
It is relevant to acknowledge that Facebook has a policy enforcing its users not to create false profiles or pretend to be someone else. Such activities pose significant threats to the online community as they can lead to hacking or fraudulent behavior on other users’ accounts, further escalating problems such as cyberbullying. By using real names, users ensure their online presence is as transparent and reliable as possible.
In addition, when using real names on Facebook, it fosters an atmosphere free from hate speech and encourages constructive discourse between individuals with diverse backgrounds. Genuine identity verification promotes better interaction among individuals compared to anonymous forums where there is no accountability for what they say.
Sorry, but ‘FunkyMonkey99’ and ‘PrincessUnicornSparkles’ are not acceptable Facebook names.
Prohibited items in Facebook names
Creating Facebook names with prohibited items is a violation of the platform’s terms and policies.
- Names containing special characters, symbols or punctuation marks are not allowed.
- Using titles such as Dr., Mr., Mrs., or Ms. as part of your name is prohibited.
- Names comprising multiple words must be joined without spaces or dots in-between them.
- Inconsistent capitalization, such as mixtures of lowercase and uppercase letters, is not acceptable in Facebook names.
- Inappropriate content like obscenities, racial slurs, hate speech, and offensive language should never be incorporated into user names.
- The use of fake names that fails to represent actual persons or incorporates corporate trademarks and similar intellectual property is also strictly prohibited.
It’s essential to follow all the guidelines provided by Facebook to ensure security and safety for all users. Violators’ accounts can have their access revoked permanently.
Facebook requires its users to maintain truthful identities on the site at all times. Inconsistencies on prior name changes may disable further modifications requiring proof of identification.
Skipping name confirmation on Facebook is like using a fake ID at a club – you might get in, but you’ll regret it later.
Implications of not confirming your name in the past
Not verifying your name on Facebook can have significant consequences, including account suspension or even permanent disabling. A failure to confirm your name in the past might lead to complications when attempting to do so later on.
To avoid any issues with name verification, ensure that you use your real name and provide valid identification proof as requested by Facebook. In case the names differ in any way, it is recommended to update the information before submitting the proof.
Facebook takes privacy and security very seriously, and the importance of using verified names cannot be overstated. By confirming your identity, you help protect yourself from impersonation attempts by malicious attackers who may attempt to gain access to your personal information.
If you are experiencing difficulty confirming your name due to a mismatch with the provided documentation, reach out to Facebook support immediately. They will assist you with the next steps required to resolve any potential issues.
If possible, avoid changing your name frequently or providing fake information as these practices can ultimately result in permanent account deactivation.
Proof is in the pudding and Facebook won’t change your name if it doesn’t match.
Failure of name change process due to name mismatch with proof
When attempting to change your name on Facebook, if the proof provided does not match the new name entered, you may experience a failure of the name change process. This can occur because Facebook requires users to use their real names for safety and verification purposes. It is important to ensure that any proof submitted matches the new name entered in order to avoid this issue.
If you have encountered a failure of the name change process due to name mismatch with proof, there are several steps you can take to resolve the issue. First, double-check that the proof matches the new name entered. If it does not, try submitting different proof or enter a different name that matches your proof.
Additionally, you can consider adding a nickname or alternate name instead of changing your primary name. This will allow you to still be recognized by friends while avoiding potential issues with proof submission.
Overall, it is crucial to follow Facebook’s policies when changing your name and providing proof. By doing so, you can avoid failures in the name change process and ensure that your account remains secure and verified.
Can’t think of a new name for your Facebook profile? Just add a ridiculous nickname instead!
Alternative to changing your Facebook name
As I discovered while trying to change my Facebook name, the process can be more complicated than expected. However, I was pleasantly surprised to learn that there are alternative options available. In this part, I’ll share those alternatives with you. We’ll explore other names that can be modified on Facebook, offering some workarounds in place of modifying your primary name. These can include:
- Changing how your name appears to others
- Adding a nickname or alternate name to provide more context without changing your primary name
Changing other names on Facebook
To modify additional profile names on Facebook, there are certain steps you can follow:
- On your account, click the small drop-down arrow on the right-hand side of the top panel.
- Next, go to “Settings and Privacy” and choose “Settings.” Here under “General,” select “Name.”
- Finally, simply update your “Alternate Name” or “Nickname” as required.
Adding a nickname or alternate name instead of changing the primary name
If you want to use a different name on Facebook without changing your primary name, there is an option to add a nickname or alternate name to your account. Here are five things to know about adding a nickname or alternate name instead of changing the primary name:
- You can add up to 50 additional names besides your primary name.
- Your alternate name will appear in parentheses next to your primary name on your profile and in search results.
- Alternate names do not replace your primary name, and they will not show up on official documents like ID cards.
- You can choose who sees each of your alternate names by customizing the audience for each one.
- You can add an alternate script version of your primary name if you have one (e.g., adding a Chinese or Arabic script variation).
It’s important to note that while using an alternate or nickname is allowed on Facebook, it’s against the platform’s policy to use fake names or impersonate someone else. Additionally, using prohibited items like symbols and numbers as part of a name may result in account suspension.
It’s worth considering adding an alternate or nickname if you have privacy concerns but still want people you know to be able to find you. For example, some users might prefer not to have their full legal names displayed online due to work or personal reasons.
On that note, I once knew someone who added her middle initial as an alternate name on Facebook so that people could still find her easily despite having a very common first and last name.
Unlock the full potential of Facebook with these additional helpful posts.
Additional helpful Facebook posts
As a seasoned Facebook user, I stumbled upon some additional helpful Facebook posts that could solve some of the most commonly faced problems. I would like to share these with you. In this segment, we will be discussing how you can:
- Lock your Facebook profile on iPhone
- Download Facebook videos on iPhone, iPad, and Mac
- Hide comments and likes on Facebook
These tips will help you keep your Facebook profile private and your feed more organized. With over 2.79 billion monthly active users on Facebook, let’s make sure you are getting the most out of this social media platform.
Locking Facebook profile on iPhone
Protecting Privacy on Facebook Profile for iPhone Users
To ensure privacy and restrict access to Facebook profiles, iPhone users can lock their profiles. Locking a profile makes it visible only to selected friends and temporally shares nothing apart from the profile picture, the cover photo, and the name. Locking Facebook profile on iPhone is a simple but vital security step that iOS device users should perform.
A 5-Step Guide to Lock Your Facebook Profile on iPhone:
- Open your Facebook app on your iPhone
- Go to your profile by tapping the three-horizontal-line icon in the bottom right corner of the screen
- Tap either “Lock Profile” or click “More Options,” followed by “Lock Profile” under your name
- A quick preview will appear; click “lock Your Profile,” and this secures your account’s accessibility
- Your profile successfully in locked mode
When you enable this option for locking Facebook profie via an iPhone, only those people who are connected with you on Facebook can see anything personal about you like photos added after putting a lock. This feature is not available for public groups; however, anyone who has already viewed a user’s profile can still view that person’s information before it was restricted.
Pro Tip: Use strong passwords and don’t share them with anyone. It is also important never to accept friend requests from unknown individuals or make public any private information as they can compromise or even circumvent safety measures implemented on any social media platform.
Get ready to binge-watch those hilarious cat videos offline with these easy steps for downloading Facebook videos on your Apple devices.
Downloading Facebook videos on iPhone, iPad, and Mac
To save Facebook videos, you can download them on your Apple devices such as iPhone, iPad, and Mac. Here’s a guide on how to do it:
- Go to the Facebook Watch video you want to download
- Tap the Share button located at the bottom of the screen
- Select Copy Link from the sharing options
- Open Safari or Chrome browser on your device, go to fbdown.net, and paste the link in the space provided
- Click Download
- Choose a quality option and tap Download
Additionally, if you encounter issues downloading Facebook videos through this method, try updating your browser or using a different website for downloading.
Remember that Facebook owns the copyright for all of its content including videos; hence ensure you have permission before downloading any content.
Overall, downloading Facebook videos on iPhone, iPad and Mac is easy by using an online downloader website like fbdown.net. By following these steps, one can save their favorite videos for offline watching without any hassle.
Hiding comments and likes on Facebook
To maintain privacy on Facebook, one may need to hide comments and likes. Here’s how you can do it:
- Open Facebook in a browser or app.
- Navigate to your Profile section.
- Click on the ellipsis icon at the top right corner of any post where you want to edit settings.
- Select “Edit audience” from the context menu that pops up.
- In the public dropdown, select “Friends only”.
By hiding comments and likes on Facebook, you can prevent others from seeing your liked content and commenting on your posts, thus increasing your privacy. Facebook allows users to customize their experience on the platform and have control over what they share with others. By using these settings effectively, one can ensure that their personal information stays safe while still engaging with friends and family online.
One time, a friend’s account got hacked and all his private messages were leaked. Since then, I started being extra cautious about my comments and likes on Facebook to protect my sensitive information.
FAQs about How To Change Name On Facebook
How can I change my name on Facebook for iPhone?
To change your name on Facebook using your iPhone, open the Facebook app and tap on the hamburger icon at the bottom right. Go to Settings & Privacy-> Settings-> Personal Information, tap on Name, enter your new name, and tap Review Change. Double-check everything, including how you want your name to appear, and then tap Save Changes.
Can I change my Facebook username?
Yes, you can change your Facebook username by following the same steps to change your display name. After clicking on Edit next to Name, click on Edit next to Username.
What are Facebook’s name change policies?
According to Facebook, your name cannot include symbols, numbers, unusual capitalization, repeating characters, punctuation, characters from multiple languages, titles of any kind, words or phrases instead of a name, or offensive or suggestive words of any kind. You cannot try to impersonate anything or anyone via your new name, and if you have changed your name in the past 60 days, you might not be able to change it again. If you have a business or organization, create a Facebook page for that instead of using a profile.
Can I use an alternative name on Facebook?
Yes, you can add an alternative name on Facebook, such as a nickname, maiden name, alternate spelling, married name, father’s name, birth name, former name, or name with a title. To do this, go to your Facebook settings, tap on Name, and tap on Add a nickname, a birth name… Choose the appropriate option, type in the name, and choose whether you want it to appear at the top of your Facebook profile.
How can I request a name change on Facebook?
If you face problems while changing your name on Facebook, you can request a name change using the form provided by Facebook.
How can I lock my Facebook profile on iPhone?
To lock your Facebook profile on iPhone, open your Facebook profile, tap on the three dots at the top right corner, scroll down and tap on Lock Profile, and then tap on Lock Your Profile to confirm.