Do you want to learn how to use Facebook messenger for customer service?
You’ve probably heard that Facebook is a great way to reach your customers and build relationships with them.
But did you know that it can also be used as a tool for customer service? If not, read on!
P.S. Want to build more credibility on Facebook? You can use this service by SocialAppsHQ to get Facebook reviews from real users.
The Benefits of Using Facebook Messenger For Customer Support
Before we share about ther benefits of Facebook Messenger for Customer Service, let’s talk about why you might want to use it.
Convenience For Your Customer
First and foremost is convenience. Your customers can easily access their social media accounts on the go during any time of day or night with little effort from them! Also, it’ll take a little more effort on their end, but your customer can send you pictures and links with one tap! You don’t have to worry about them having enough space or time to type everything they need to say in our email back-and-forth.
Improve Customer Accessibility
It is important for businesses to improve their customer accessibility. Facebook Messenger is a great way to do that because it offers many features, which in turn will provide an enhanced experience and convenience for customers. This is important because customers always have questions, and Facebook Messenger can help answer those in a quick and easy manner.
Build Trust With Customers
It is important to build trust with customers, especially when you are doing business on a social media platform. Facebook Messenger helps businesses communicate in real-time and connect one-on-one with their customers.
Features Of Facebook Messenger for customer service
Some of the features that Facebook Messenger offers for customer service include:
- Quick and easy messages. With Facebook Messenger, customers can quickly chat with businesses without having to wait on hold or go through a phone tree. It is also easier to keep all conversations in one place so you don’t have to search your inbox for different threads when trying to sync conversations.
- Instant response time. Businesses can set their status as “active now” so customers will know they are available and answering messages immediately, or they can choose an option where Facebook Messenger alerts them when someone has messaged them for the first time in a day, giving you the chance to respond right away.
- Unlimited contacts and conversations. With Facebook Messenger, businesses can have an unlimited number of customers on their contact list so they never forget about a customer again or worry about running out of room in your inbox. This feature also allows for a more personalized experience with different types of messages that are appropriate for different relationships.
- Chat history. When a customer sends you a message, Facebook Messenger captures the chat and stores it in their “Messages” tab to allow for easy accessibility when they are ready to contact your company again.
- Tag Conversations to stay organized. Facebook Messenger enables you to tag conversations so they don’t get lost in a sea of messages and can be quickly found again later on.
Tips To Use Facebook Messenger For Customer Service
Here are some tips to use Facebook Messenger for customer support.
Set up a Welcome Message
Facebook welcome message allows you to customize the message that a Facebook Messenger user will see when they first engage with your company.
This is good to use to make a lasting first impression with potential customers. A wise way to use Facebook’s welcome message is by adding some information about the product or service they’re interested in, highlighting your company as an authority and emphasizing what they can expect from you.
For example, if you’re a travel agency, your welcome message should include information about the destinations you offer and any special deals.
It is important to be responsive in Facebook Messenger. When you receive a message, it will pop up with an alert sound and the person who messaged you will be notified if they have opted for notifications.
It is best to answer to their messages within a few hours and respond to them as soon as possible. This is because if you don’t answer to their messages, people will just assume that you don’t care and they will give up on engaging with your business.
However, if you’re busy or not available at the moment, we suggest you to setup a Facebook Chatbot to respond to messages. This way, you can answer to your customers’ messages 24/h and improve customer satisfaction.
Personalize Your Messages
When it comes to Facebook messenger for customer service, personalization is key. This is because it’s a direct line of communication, so customers want to feel like they’re talking to a person and not just getting some automated message.
To do that, you can use their name and some other information you may know about them. This is a nice way to make your customers feel like they are being listened to.
For example, if you can see that they are in your Facebook Messenger chat and their name is Bob, then start the conversation by asking “Hi Bob! How’s it going?”
This will make them feel like there is a real person on the other end of this line. This feeling builds trust because customers know that someone cares about what they’re saying or feeling.
But personalization goes beyond just using their name and other personalized info to make them feel special. It also means that you need to take care of the customer’s problems in a timely manner, be kind, understanding, and empathetic–to ensure they have an amazing experience with your company!
Facebook Messenger is a great way to connect with your customers in real time. The following are some of the best practices for using this tool as part of your customer service strategy and how it can help you grow your business through social media.
If you’ve been looking into new ways to create deeper, more meaningful connections with potential or current customers, then take a look at these tips on how to use Facebook Messenger for better customer service.
You may find that connecting face-to-face over chat leads to increased conversions and even higher lifetime value!
What other strategies have you seen work well when delivering customer service via messenger?
Let us know!